Branding and Marketing
The New Loveland Brand
Introducing our new brand to promote tourism and destination travel to Loveland, Colorado.
The "Everything You Love" message is targeted to travelers within Colorado and well outside the region, and to businesses viewing Loveland for potential relocation or expansion.
Building a place where people want to live, work and visit ultimately helps communities achieve their goal of the creation of new wealth. Loveland has many of the ingredients that solidly provide this sense of place. It is important to have the integral pieces to help existing businesses and creatives to thrive. True place-making also features help to recruit new jobs and encourage new families and employees to move into these communities. This in turn offers additional support for the existing businesses and creatives, and the cycle continues...
The arts and creativity have been shown to be a big part of place-making around the world and specifically in Loveland, Colorado. The OCSD will assist with marketing Loveland as a “place.” “Creatives help regions remain competitive by helping firms attract highly skilled workers, generating work for others who supply or distribute their work, producing innovations and providing a pool of talent available for firms’ design, organizational and marketing efforts.” (Markusen, Schrock, and Cameron, 2003)
Through the Community Marketing Commission lodging tax and other revenue sources, Loveland now has the means to market these ingredients and encourage people to take a closer look.
Action Plan for businesses and companies:
- Market the community to existing and potential businesses in order to retain and attract employers and jobs
- Fit with the community’s future vision of an arts and innovation economy
- Increase well-paid primary job opportunities
- Diversify the arts-related business base
Action Plan for the artist:
- Establish local baseline data in these areas and update data in 2014
- Work with organizations to enhance success of existing events
- Foster partnerships in services , opportunities and education to increase collaborative funding and marketing
- Add new components to broaden audience market and sales opportunities
- Develop new marketing strategies
- Create new events and destination attractions
- Develop unique OCSD programming
- Partner with local organizations and businesses to develop new events
- Participate in CMC process and work to promote brand in all collaborations with other entities
- Create new opportunities for event exposure
- Creation of centralized website
- Collaborate with ArtSpace, Rialto Bridge and other related building projects that leverage critical mass into new services and amenities being provided that attract visitors and tourists